Disaster Management & Recovery
In the wake of a disaster, affected communities face some of their most challenging times and are often supported by federal funds for recovery.
With decades of disaster management experience, scalable infrastructure, and innovative technology, EisnerAmper is a collaborative partner for organizations that need to design programs, mitigate program risk, get money and resources to the entities that need it most and operate efficient disaster relief programs.
EisnerAmper has led and contributed to disaster management projects for more than 20 years. Our experience spans many federal recovery programs and our technical capabilities in compliance, internal controls, and financial management provide unique insights to support our clients during the critical recovery process.
Depending on eligibility, available funds can be utilized by state, local, and territorial governmental entities, non-profits, hospitals and individuals to support recovery of communities and mitigate against future disasters.
EisnerAmper provides disaster management and oversight by carefully navigating federal and state regulatory requirements, program compliance requirements, vendor management and cost recovery while working to fulfill the mission of the recovery program.
With our experienced professionals, including disaster recovery specialists, accountants, auditors, financial analysts, project managers, grant managers, and other team members, we have the resources, capacity, and processes to immediately provide services for large programs and scale our team to meet program needs. Our goal is to develop strong communication and partnerships with our clients to compliantly manage and maximize federal funding to facilitate recovery.
Our disaster recovery team is versed in the various federal regulations governing disasters and federal awards, including:
- FEMA Public Assistance
- FEMA Individual Assistance
- HUD Community Development Block Grants (“CDBG”)
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (“HMGP”)
- Uniform Guidance and Single Audit
- U.S. Treasury programs, including State and Fiscal Recovery, Capital Projects Fund and housing programs
- Additional programs under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (“IIJA”) and Inflation Reduction Act
- Disaster recovery program strategy and policy design
- Administration of Federal grant funds
- Financial management and funds disbursement administration
- Support of FEMA Public Assistance and FEMA Individual Assistance programs
- Project management
- Policy development
- Control and risk advisory
- Anti-fraud, waste, and abuse
- Subrecipient management and monitoring
- Training, communications, and change management
- Preliminary damage assessments
- Business intelligence and data analytics
- Case management, eligibility, and appeals
- Grants closeout
- Audit and appeals support
Disaster Management & Recovery Insights
Curated content related to current Disaster Management & Recovery issues and how we can help provide guidance.